|Posted on February 15, 2014 at 1:15 PM|
Vineyard Trail #131| Hiking Arizona | Mountain Matron
A passage of the Arizona Trail giving you historic, nostalgic and remarkable landscape views of the Roosevelt Bridge, Roosevelt Lake, Roosevelt Dam, Camp O’Rourke, Vineyard Mountain, Four Peaks, Apache Lake and Alchesay Canyon, but not without a little work. This 6.2mile trail (One Way) requires you to gain more than 1000 feet in elevation in the first 1.5 miles. This trail will end at the Mills Ridge Trailhead
• Level: moderate
• Length: 6.2 miles
• Elevation: approx 1,400 ft. gain
• Type: Out and Back
• Open: All Year
• Permit: No
• Drive time from Phoenix: 1 hour
• Dogs are permitted
• Features: Arizona Trail Passage – Roosevelt Lake
• No parking fee
• Conditions: Well Maintained
• Vehicle Requirements: None
• Services: NONE
DIRECTIONS: Two options
1) Take the SR 88. Exit the US 60 on Idaho Rd. Follow Idaho Rd. north for 2.2 miles to SR 88. Turn northeast on to SR 88 and follow this 44mile scenic and winding road until it ends at the Roosevelt Bridge. Make a left, cross the bridge and you will find the parking directly north.
2) Personal Preference – Take the US 60 through the town of Miami to connect to the SR 188 heading north.
After parking in the large pullout, across the highway you'll find the trail marker directly behind the road barricade. This trail will end at Mills Ridge TH. Simply return the way you came.
Disclosure: As with any outdoor activity you need to plan properly and adhere to all National, State and City ordinances. We only offer an insight to our own experiences and do not take any responsibility for you or any persons accompanying you on this or any outdoor recreation activities listed on this website or any other Mountain Matron Social Outlets.